Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Random Reviews Adult Books

These are just some books I've read in the past month or two that I thought I'd write a short review on.
Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson,
I enjoyed this interesting romance..The concept was fun Jane had an imaginary friend ,Michael,when she was little to help her cope with her overbearing mother.,When Jane is in her 30's she meets up the real Michael and they fall in love.One thing about this book is you have to suspend some belief and don't look to hard at the schematics of the whole situation.Such as why do other people see Michael now?But I disagree with people who have said this was a bit a fluff yes it was a light read but a good book none the less I would recommend this book to anyone! 4****

Look Again by Lisa Scottoline,
This was a different book than Lisa usually writes its not about lawyers.Its a very good book action all the way through.I won't go into the whole story see it above.It was a book I couldn't put down, the story is so engaging its sucks you in from page one and doesn't let up till the end!The twist and turns it takes keep you on the edge of your seat.Well written as,you've come to expect from Lisa Scottoline. 4 1/2****

Miss Julia Hits The Road by, Ann Ross
This was my first Miss Julia book I did find it cute and loved all the Biker stuff because I am one.Love her southern humor
though I was expecting a mystery it was a cute book. 3 1/2***

The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd,
This was an interesting story, of midlife crises of possible mental illness,and of secrets and truths. I did find it a little slow at times but it was still a good story,with characters you can care about even with their flaws. Although some people think of this book as just a sad tale of a woman who has an affair I felt it was so much more than that and that the affair was all part of Jessie journey. What would you do if you get a phone call telling you your mother has chopped off a finger and that she did it on purpose?Especially after being estranged from her after your father dies when you feel to blame for it. The truth of her fathers death is at the heart of this book ,and I won't give any spoilers. Suffice it to say Jessie's journey takes some twists and turns for her to make her way back “home” to herself. 3 1/2 ***

No comments:

Post a Comment