Wednesday, January 27, 2010

When You Reach Me by, Rebecca Stead~~Review



When You Reach Me by, Rebecca Stead

I am so glad this won the Newberry for 2010, which is what prompted me to read this. It’s actually hard to review without giving away the story. So I will just say this is a great coming-of age story, a great friendship story, a great mother daughter story with a dash of time travel and books about books thrown in for good measure. I would recommend this book to anyone from 9 years old and up. Our protagonist Melanie is a great character whose favorite book is A Wrinkle in Time and we learn the story of that book throughout the story. I am embarrassed to admit that I have never read A Wrinkle in Time and it has now earned a spot at the top of my TBR pile.
Get this book for your kids and yourself you'll see why it deserved to win the Newberry!If you have read and enjoyed A Wrinkle in Time Read this book!
4 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment