Thursday, January 7, 2010

Review of Wicked Lovely by, Melissa Marr


Wicked Lovely by, Melissa Marr
From Book Cover- Aislinn has always seen faeries.Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world.When the rules that have kept Aislinn safe from them stop working, everything is suddenly on the line:her freedom; her best friend Seth; her life;everything.

At first I felt this book was predictable I felt like I’d read it before. Until the last hundred pages or so.
I like how she wrapped the story up *No Spoilers*.
Aislinn was a strong heroine that knows her own mind and fights for what she wants. I liked all the characters; I’d have to say that after Aislinn my favorite characters were Donia & Seth.
I did feel at times the story was rushed especially the scenes with Grama *Again No Spoilers *.I would have liked a little more information there and wish Grama would have had a bigger role in the story.
These were definitely not cute cuddly faeries I thought the author did a good job at creating the Faire World.
All in all a good first book and I do plan to read the next book in this series.
3 ½ Stars

2 comments:

  1. I read this a few months ago and had a lot of the same thoughts. I recently started the second book and am enjoying it so far. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got too hung up on the issues at the beginning, and I couldn't get back on track with this one. But I know so many people have loved it. Maybe I will give the 2nd book a shot...

    Susie, I was wondering if you could drop me a quick email back? I'm working on a special book blogger project for next week, and I think you'd like it. :) It should be lots of fun...we have 16 bloggers signed up already.

    ReplyDelete