Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Where the Truth Lies, by Lucy Cullyford Babbitt

Kyra, a 17 year old from a city called Sanctuary, has been appointed to stop a bloody religous war. The thing is, her city is godless. Sanctuary has sent messages to each of the two warring peoples: the Godslanders and the Tribes. One youth from each is to travel with Kyra to the sacred cave to decide who is right. Is there one god, many gods, or no god at all? Kyra and her people believe that all the secrets lie in the 'sacred cave'. So Kyra meets up with the boy from the tribes in Sanctuary, and together they travel into the Godslander's territory with Eli (the tribal boy) dressed up as a convert and Kyra dressed as a regular Godslander to meet with the Godslander representative and travel to the sacred cave with another group of pilgrims. Through their journeys, Kyra begins to wonder if her beliefs are true.

Anyway, I didn't really think much of this book. At first it was just really silly and predictable, and then in the middle it got better. But still, a Sacred Cave? Like we haven't heard that one before. I guess I was just disappointed, because I expected a little bit more out of it. I was thinking of giving this book 4 stars, but then I read the ending. Perhaps it was genius, but I think it was just stupid. It might have worked had their been a sequel, but to my knowledge there isn't one. So, I gave this book 3 of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment