Sunday, April 25, 2010

Innocent Traitor: Novel of Lady Jane Grey by, Alison Weir~~Review


Innocent Traitor: Novel of Lady Jane Grey by, Alison Weir

I started this book not knowing much of the life of Lady Jane Grey so on the historical accuracy I am no expert.
That being said I enjoyed this book Jane had a short and not very happy life. Her mother wanted a son and treated Jane badly because she wasn't a boy. She saw the life and death of many of Henry the 8th wives so even though she was "of the blood" it wasn't a very desirable life to aspire to.
After Henry the 8th death his young son becomes king and Jane's life is turned upside down. She is at first being primed to marry the new king but ends up married to a buffoon of a man whose father has big dreams for Jane to become queen and his son to become king.
Jane actually has no interest in being queen after all the queen’s deaths she's seen in her lifetime who can blame her.
I learned alot from this book and to me a good historical fiction book makes me want to learn more on the subject and this book accomplished that.
3 ½ Stars

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book and reviewed it last year. She was such a pawn to her family. So sad!

    ReplyDelete