Friday, November 6, 2009

The Brutal Telling by, Louise Penny



The Brutal Telling by, Louise Penny
From back cover~ "Chaos is coming, old son." With those words the peace of Three Pines is shattered.When a stranger is found murdered in the village bistro and antique store, Chief Inspector Gamache and his team are called in to strip back layers and lies- and catch a killer whose identity will shock them all...

I enjoyed this book.Inspector Gamache reminded me alot of Poirot.I had not read the previous Three Pines novels but I never felt lost with the characters.I will now be buying the previous books!This was a new author for me and I really enjoyed her writing.
This book kept my attention all the way through and kept you guessing I actually thought the killer was going to be someone else!I like when I am wrong.
The characters were all so vibrant and felt like old friends by the end of the book.Loved the quirkiness of Ruth she was too fun!
Would recommend this book to anyone who likes Agatha Christie and likes a good mystery without all the sex and language!
4 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment