Thursday, October 6, 2011

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs ~Review



Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

My Review:
This combination of great story and spooky old pictures is a hit! I could not put this book down! This is the story of Jacob whose grandfather tells him ,what he thinks are tall tales, about a home he was evacuated to during WWII from Poland to Wales and the other peculiar children there. Interspersed in this book are great old photographs which enhance this story and serve to make you a believer too.

This quote from the book I think describes Jacob’s journey and this book well:
And that is how someone who is unusually susceptible to nightmares, night terrors, the Creeps, the Willies and Seeing Things That Aren’t Really There talks himself into making one last trip to the abandoned, almost-certainly-haunted house where a dozen or more children met their untimely end.

But what he finds is even more fascinating this is hard I don’t want to give anything away because I want you to have the pleasure of reading this magical book. This story will keep you on the edge of your seat as each secret is revealed I was riveted.


This was a great book I just want to gush about it and I am really hoping that we will get more of this story because I didn’t want it to end and would really love a second book. This was the perfect book to kick off my spooky reading month!

As you probably have figured out I highly recommend this book.

5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. From all the great reviews I want to read this. I decided I must get the book and not download it, I heard it is a package deal for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes definetly you want to be able to see the pictures they are as much of the story as the writing!

    ReplyDelete