Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Teaser Tuesday






Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two (or three or four, if you're me) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
5. Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Thirteenth Child by, Patricia Wrede Page 159-
Then I felt magic gathering around us, and I heard Lan's voice say " Uncle Earn," just as cold as the air the day the steam dragon fell on Mr. Stoltz's feed store, I felt even sicker. I didn't think Lan was going to pull the magic in and let it go this time.He was going to let loose, and there was no telling what the result would be. My legs were wobbly, but I struggled to my feet, just as Uncle Earn turned toward Lan and opened his mouth.
" Uncle Earn," I said, loud and clear as I could." If it's me you have a grudge on, it's me you ought to be talking to."

3 comments:

  1. I like Patricia Wrede. This one sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that looks like a very interesting read! Great teaser this week :) Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...I need to read this book.
    Thanks for the teaser!!

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete