Friday, February 11, 2011

Revolution by, Jennifer Donnelly~~Review


Revolution by, Jennifer Donnelly
Description from Goodreads
:
BROOKLYN: Andi Alpers is on the edge. She’s angry at her father for leaving, angry at her mother for not being able to cope, and heartbroken by the loss of her younger brother, Truman. Rage and grief are destroying her. And she’s about to be expelled from Brooklyn Heights’ most prestigious private school when her father intervenes. Now Andi must accompany him to Paris for winter break.

PARIS: Alexandrine Paradis lived over two centuries ago. She dreamed of making her mark on the Paris stage, but a fateful encounter with a doomed prince of France cast her in a tragic role she didn’t want—and couldn’t escape.


MY REVIEW:

This was a great book it was really hard to stop reading. This is the story of two 17 year-old girls Andi in the present day and Alex in the 1700’s. Andi is trying to get over her brother’s death and not coping well at all, when her father takes her to Paris she finds the diary of Alexandrine who lived during the French revolution. Even though these girls are centuries apart Andi sees some similarities and kind of becomes obsessed with Alex’s story. (But then again so did I)

I loved Alex’s story it was edge of seat reading. However there were times when I didn’t understand Andi like why didn’t show her dad the diary or mention it to anyone. But I must say I really loved this book. It is totally deserving of the awards and accolades. I think this is one of the best YA historical fiction I’ve read , I know that Jennifer Donnelly’s book A Northern Light is very popular and I will be reading that one very soon I think she is a great writer!

I think saying this is just a young adult book is doing it a disservice; I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys historical fiction.

I just want to gush on and on about this book but I will just say READ IT!!

5 Stars

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment